Victoria Deck Painting
Deck Painting Services
Decks are great for enjoying the outdoors, while relaxing and entertaining guests, but people often underestimate the required maintenance. Paint on your homes exterior might last upwards of 10 years, but decks are subject to accelerated damage from heavy foot traffic and pooling water and it’s important to maintain your deck’s finish to avoid weathering and rotting.
There are a wide range of finishes available to protect your deck including paint, solid stain, and semi-transparent stains, each with their own distinct look and benefits. At Islanders’ Choice Painting, we have the knowledge to recommend the right finish and the experience and equipment to properly apply it.
Our Deck Painters Process
Prior to Starting Your Painting Project:
- Our process starts with the initial consultation, where we will meet with you on site to assess your project and find out exactly what you’re looking for before making our recommendations and sending you the most detailed proposal in Victoria within 24 hours.
- We will schedule a start date with you and keep you updated of our schedule as the date approaches so that you’re never left wondering.
- Prior to our arrival, we ask that you move small items off and away from the deck.
Completing Your Painting Project:
Cleaning and Preparation:
- Our standard preparation always starts with pressure-washing or soft-washing the surfaces that will be painted. This removes dirt, plant matter, and other debris, ensuring that the new paint or stain will adhere properly.
- Next, we will thoroughly scrape away loose and cracking paint, sanding to reduce ridges and smooth rough areas. Sometimes, when applying stain, it’s necessary to completely strip the previous coating and brighten the wood to ensure an attractive final finish. This is especially true if the deck has gone to long without proper maintenance. This is why staying on top of your deck maintenance can save you money in the long run. We will let you know at your initial consultation if this added step is necessary.
- When painting, we will spot prime any areas with bare wood with the correct primer to ensure adhesion. Staining does not require priming.
- Once we’ve completed the prep work, we’ll start painting using brushes, rollers, and airless sprayers depending on the particular job.
- We always make sure to use masking and drop sheets to protect surfaces from unwanted drips and overspray.
- We only use top quality products from Dulux, Sherwin Williams, Cloverdale, and Benjamin Moore.
- Before we say goodbye and move on to our next project, we will do a thorough clean up and do a final walkthrough with you to ensure everything has been completed to your satisfaction.