Victoria BC Fence Painting
Fence Painting Services
Painting or staining your home’s fence is one of the most cost effective ways to increase your home’s curb appeal. Apart from pure aesthetics, painting or staining is important for extending your fencing’s lifetime. Untreated wood can weather, turn grey, rot, and crack when exposed the elements and metal fencing will rust over time.
Painting or staining your fence without the proper experience and equipment can be a very tedious and time consuming process. At Islanders’ Choice Painting, we have the proper knowledge, experience, and equipment to make the right recommendations, efficiently complete the project, and ensure the coating lasts for years to come.
Our Fence Painters Process
Prior to Starting Your Painting Project:
- Our process starts with the initial consultation, where we will meet with you on site to assess your project and find out exactly what you’re looking for before making our recommendations.
- We will schedule a start date with you and keep you updated of our schedule as the date approaches so that you’re never left wondering.
- Prior to our arrival, we ask that you move any small items away from the fencing and ensure that plants are trimmed back enough to provide adequate space for painting.
Completing Your Painting Project:
Cleaning and Preparation:
- Our standard preparation always starts with pressure-washing or soft-washing the surfaces that will be painted. This removes chalking paint, dirt, and other debris, ensuring that the new coat of paint or stain will adhere properly.
- Next, we will thoroughly scrape away loose and cracking paint, sanding to reduce ridges and smooth rough areas. Metal fences are wire brushed and rusty areas are cleaned with steel wool and methyl hydrate.
- When painting, we will spot prime any areas with bare wood or metal with the correct primer to ensure adhesion. Staining does not require priming.
- Once we’ve completed the prep work, we’ll start painting using brushes, rollers, and airless sprayers depending on the particular job.
- We always make sure to use masking and drop sheets to protect surfaces from unwanted drips and overspray.
- We only use top quality products from Dulux, Sherwin Williams, Cloverdale, and Benjamin Moore.
- Before we say goodbye and move on to our next project, we will do a thorough clean up and do a final walkthrough with you to ensure everything has been completed to your satisfaction.
After Completing Your Painting Project:
- All of our work is backed by a 3 year guarantee. If there are any areas that fail within the warranty period we will come back and fix them for you free of charge!